Choose your feel with 2 or 3 premium layers of 100% Certified Natural Latex for the healthiest, comfiest, and most supportive sleep possible.
Free delivery to most areas, in just 1 – 2 weeks.
Guarantees & Warranties
- 100-Night Comfort Guarantee – If you are not happy with the firmness of your mattress inside 100 nights, we offer a one-time free latex layer exchange to a different firmness! Simply get in touch, we’ll send out a new layer for you to try and help you return the old – all free of charge!
- 20-Year Warranty – If there is more than a 20mm indentation or ‘sag’ at anytime inside 20 years, or there is any other manufacturing defect that is not a result of improper use, we’ll replace or repair your mattress or a layer within it free of charge!
- Covers normal domestic use only.
Our Honest Materials
- Certified Natural Latex from sustainable forests in Vietnam (supplier link: https://www.liena.vn/)
- GOTS-certified organic cotton cover with 400GSM of organic wadding made in India
- Weight capacity: 500kg (250kg per sleeper)
Weight & Dimensions
- Queen Medium: 17.5kg (153 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- Queen Firm: 20kg (153 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- King Medium: 21kg (183 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- King Firm: 23.5kg (183 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- Click here to view our Latex Mattress Assembly Instructions & Care
- For maximum protection, we would highly recommend a mattress cover
- Always use the mattress with its included covers. To clean, unzip them and hand wash with cold water and mild detergent. Air dry. Can be spot cleaned.
A Healthy, Supportive & Happy Sleep
NATURAL & ORGANIC LATEX MATTRESS
Which Mattress Is Right For Me?
LAYER CONFIGURATION GUIDE
Go for a 2 layer (16cm) if you generally sleep without pain, mainly sleep on your back/front, or prefer a firm mattress.
Go for a 3 layer (24cm) if you sometimes sleep with pain, sleep on your side, or would like a little extra ‘give’.
Our mattresses contain layers of latex in 2 different firmness levels (‘Medium’ and ‘Firm’), which can be rearranged at home to refine your comfort later. Plus, within 100 nights you can exchange a layer with us or change your height for free. Even our 2 layer mattress has more actual latex in it than almost any traditional “latex” mattress you’ll find in a store!
16cm (2 layers)
(Feels 7 / 10)
(Feels 8 / 10)
(Feels 9 / 10)
Unless you know you want it firmer, the majority of customers would suit Medium-Firm, with 2 high-quality layers of consistent and supportive latex.
But if you know you like a firm mattress, our 2 layer Firm is a popular option, which can also be rearranged to make it Extra Firm.
24cm (3 layers)
(Feels 6 / 10)
(Feels 7 / 10)
(Feels 8 / 10)
Unless you know you want it firmer, most customers looking for a soft yet supportive mattress would suit our 3 layer Medium. This also means you can move the Firm layer higher for a slightly firmer feel.
But if you like it slightly firmer, go for Medium-Firm, which gives you two layers of firm you can rotate at home, allowing you to easily switch to Firm (or put both Firm layers on top for slightly firmer again)
How It Works
INVESTING IN A LATEX MATTRESS
Premium, Eco-Friendly Materials
Frequently Asked Questions
Latex has the unique ability to not sag or get softer over time, so you can afford to get a softer mattress and still feel confident you will be fully supported now and for years to come. See below for our most commonly asked questions about our range!
A latex mattress does not have any springs or coils in it. Unlike an innerspring mattress, a natural latex mattress is made out of one type of material: latex. This material is a natural product that comes from the sap of the rubber tree. This milky sap is eco-consciously processed into the mattress layers.
- It returns to its original shape almost immediately – compared to synthetic latex and standard foams, the unique material of organic latex means that once pressure is removed it remains its shape, giving you full body-contoured support the moment you move, without creating pain-points or letting you sink into your mattress. This means that latex can help alleviate aches and pains with the correct alignment support.
- Latex retains its shape for 20 years, where other foams will start to significantly lose softness and support after just a few months or years.
- Organic latex is resistant to moisture, mould, mildew, and dust mites and can mean a much healthier and allergy-free sleep. Further, contrary to what some believe, the particularly open-cell structure allowed by the quality of natural latex promotes great air-ventilation – the best defence against ‘sleeping-hot’ and ensuring your mattress does not retain heat from your body
You may have seen a couple changes to our range recently, with Organic Latex no longer available (only in our remaining King Mattress size) and Natural Latex as our standard range. Due to COVID delays and the worldwide restricted supply, we are unable to source any further Organic Latex Mattresses.
The good news is…
Natural Latex and Organic Latex are essentially exactly the same in terms of durability, support and quality, with the same Warranty & Guarantee for 20 years. The only difference is that Organic Latex goes through slightly more of a rigorous Eco-Certifications process, and therefore has a premium price. Natural Latex is still sustainably-sourced and healthy, but offers a cheaper price tag along with it too.
We hope to be back on track with Organic Latex in the coming year!
When you lay down on a latex mattress, you’ll feel a pleasant ‘soft-sinking’ feeling followed by a feeling of firm yet comfortable support. This is why a latex mattress is becoming so popular worldwide.
Those who suffer from chronic pain, such as back pain, find that the comfort of a latex mattress helps to alleviate the pain. Increasingly, medical professionals such as osteopaths, physiotherapists, and so on are recommending latex mattresses for their ability to align the body and spine properly and comfortably.
- For 2-layer mattresses, unless you know you want a firmer mattress, the majority of customers would suit a Medium (2 layers of Medium). Due to the quality of our natural latex, this provides a great balance of a soft feel but generous support (with 15cm of latex!). However, if you know you like firm, go with a Medium-Firm – and you then also have the option to flip the layers it if it still not firm enough. In particular, back or front-sleepers and heavier people may suit a firmer mattress.
* Note: You can request Firm/Firm, but we strongly recommend trying in-store first.
- For 3-layer mattresses, the options can go softer, while still providing full support. This allows for even greater ‘give’ in the mattress for a more-luxurious feel with more support (22.5cm of pure latex) than it’s 2-layer equivalent. This is especially true in softer mattresses, where the extra layer allows for a more gradual and supportive change from firm at the bottom to the softer comfort layers at the top. * Note: We don’t recommend 3 layers of Firm.
- However… Comparing standard foam or spring mattresses to the feel of latex is difficult. Your old mattress may have developed a ‘sinking-in’ feeling compared to the quality, spring and bounce of our natural latex – so some may find it feels a little too firm to begin with – while our latex is also much more durable, providing consistent support for 20+ years.
- If you like firmer mattresses, generally sleep without pain, or on a tighter budget; go for a 2-layer.
- If you like softer mattresses, have some back or hip pain, or prefer a plusher, ‘luxury-feel’; go for a 3-layer
All natural/organic latex comes with an odour of some strength, but ours is very low and dissipates over time – generally a week or 2 and it would almost be gone. Most people don’t notice it at all. Our odour is graded at 2.5 out of 6, which is between these 2 grades:
- 2 perceptible, not bothering
- 3 clearly perceptible, not bothering
Yes! The layers are not glued together meaning you can unzip the cover and rearrange the layers. However, for the most part it is only possible to make your mattress firmer, but not softer – another reason we recommend choosing a slightly softer mattress if you’re not sure. If at first you don’t like the firmness of your mattress, we would recommend sleeping on it for at least 10 nights to really get a feel for it and let your body adjust from your old mattress, before rearranging the layers.
- If you have a 2-layer Medium-Firm mattress, you can put the Firm layer on top to make it firmer.
- If you have any 3-layer mattress, you can bring a firmer layer higher up to make the mattress 1-2 levels firmer, but not any softer.
At the moment, yes. We have only recently introduced this new design of 100% pure, organic Latex mattresses, and so we only have materials + stock as a King or Queen size.
Not to worry, we’re working hard to try and introduce a range of new sizes. It’s still a little while away, but if you’d like to be kept in the loop and whether we proceed, please email us at [email protected] and you’ll be on our list to be notified first!
All our products are dispatched from our Showroom in Malaga. Enter your postcode below to check if you qualify for free delivery:
Australia-wide Delivery: Usually dispatched on Fridays for arrival mid the following week (standard Monday-Friday 9-5 courier service)
Perth Metro Delivery: Usually delivered on Saturdays by our local delivery driver, or we can arrange another day
Perth Pick-up: Pick-ups from our Malaga showroom get a $100 Discount off each bed or mattress (allow a few days to prepare your mattress)
Our 100% All-Latex Mattresses are vacuum-sealed in our latex safe packaging, and is folded over for ease of delivery.
- If you’re picking up – We recommend the layers to be transported in a larger vehicle that can be strapped down, and if the backseats can go down.
- If we’re delivering to you, we will bring your mattress layers directly to your home.
In short, yes!
Our pure Latex mattress layers are designed to be supportive, durable and comfortable – making them slightly more heavy-duty than other mattresses. But, we offer our mattresses in a simple 2 or 3 layer system, so you can add your layers one by one (making this much easier to manage, than one full spring mattress!).
When you receive your Latex Mattress layers, they arrive in a vacuum-sealed package which is easily transportable. Lay out your Organic Cotton Mattress Cover first, then you can open, and lay out each layer to suit your desired firmness – the final step is to zip them up!
- Click here to view our Latex Mattress Assembly Instructions + Care
Our latex from Vietnam is certified by ECO-institut (Germany) as 100% natural botanical latex with no added petroleum-based or synthetic latex, also meeting strict standards for pollutants and harmful emissions. This ensures there are no additives in our latex that could damage the quality, consistency or healthiness of your mattress. Our latex has also passed stringent durability tests, which is one of the reasons we can offer a market-leading 20-year warranty. Further, our latex uses the ‘Dunlop’ method of production due to its lower environmental footprint and durability advantages over the ‘Talalay’ method.
- Quality tested by eco-INSTITUT® (Germany) for containing 100% natural latex rubber free of harmful pollutants and emissions
- Naturally hypoallergenic that repels dust mites, mould and mildew to fight allergies
- Durability tested (scoring 100/100) for little resilience or firmness-loss after 30,000 load cycles of 140kg (TUV EN 1957-2012 tested in Netherlands)
- Additionally, our supplier uses bio-fuel for electricity and has an all-round clean production process (as certified by ISO 14001:2015).
See below for our Density (D) and Indentation Load Deflection (ILD) ratings for each layer. You may be able to compare these figures to other latex mattresses you have seen, in shops or online:
- Medium Dunlop Latex – D75 – ILD 18-25
- Firm Dunlop Latex – D85 – ILD 26-3
When it comes to mattresses, density = durability (and quality). While most “mattresses in a box” use foam with a density of between 15-20kg/m3 (which is lucky to last a couple of years) – our latex ranges from 75 to 85kg/m3!
Below is each individual layer:
- Queen Medium: 17.5-19kg (153 x 204cm)
- Queen Firm: 20-21.5kg (153 x 204cm)
- King Medium: 21-22.5kg (183 x 204cm)
- King Firm: 23.5-25kg (183 x 204cm)
This weight includes the 1.5kg Organic Cotton Mattress Cover, included with all mattress orders.
- 2-Layer System = 15cm of 100% Latex
- 3-Layer System = 22.5cm of 100% Latex
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Get in touch with our friendly local team today!
Backed by over 30 years' experience
Quokka Beds has been manufacturing bedroom furniture in Perth, Australia for over 30 years with extremely positive feedback. Formerly called Brett’s Beds + Futons, many of Brett’s customers have come back 10 and 20 years later just to say their mattress feels as good as new, and their base is still looking great. Quokka Beds brings true, hands-on experience right to your doorstep. Read more below…
Real honest quality latex mattresses - doesn't get better!! We bought a King 3-layer 100% latex mattress (medium) 2 months ago and we're absolutely loving it. We've both had bad backs from using spring mattresses and after a few messages with the people at Quokka, we decided on the Medium firmness option - where we also knew we had the option of moving the layers around to make it firmer if need be! But after a couple days, we couldn't decide if it was too firm or too soft for us - so we kept it how it is!! Our back pain has slowly faded to nothing and we definitely can't see any sags or bumps at all - and really don't expect it to. The huge 20-year warranty is reassuring too. And we both love how it uses all natural and sustainable ingredients - pure latex, nothing else!! Our dream mattress at a good price. Thank you
Excellent product and service! We had intended to update our traditional futon mattress, but after trying the medium-firm all latex (3 layer) product decided to go with with that instead. We prefer a mattress that is on the firm side, so the adjustment time was one sleep! We are extremely happy that we changed our mind and went with the latex choice. The showroom is small and on two levels and, more importantly, the service was excellent with no pressure - only helpful advice and useful information. Because we picked up the mattress ourselves we saved $100 that otherwise would have been a delivery fee. We genuinely highly recommend the product and Quokka Beds as the supplier.
Buyer beware We've been futon users for many, many years and purchased futons from Queensland and WA. We chose to purchase from Bretts to use a local supplier in preference to interstate. The queen size latex core futon we purchased is genuinely the worst quality futon (and most expensive) that we've ever purchased. The cotton cover is not what's pictured on the website - it's a much lighter weight fabric, tears easily, and the cotton stuffing is uneven and "lumpy" and hasn't settled after several months' use. We're not fussy people - we just know what a futon is supposed to look like. Bretts futons clearly trades on the basis that many folks are only familiar with the foam chip futons sold as sofa beds and not good genuine futons. When we politely pointed out the inferior quality of the mattress & that it was smaller than the standard queen size, the owner & manager became quite irate with us, immediately deflecting the situation back onto us as though we were the problem. I guess he thinks attack is a good form of defence. No apology was ever offered, no replacement mattress offered, and nor was any kind of refund/discount offered. The man seemed to become more and more heated as time went on.
We were stung well and good and will never, ever use this business again nor recommend it to anyone. Ever.
We have had to replace the futon we purchased from Bretts with a better made futon from elsewhere. All in all it was an expensive and hard lesson.
Best mattress I've ever had! We bought a queen latex mattress (firm) a year ago, and I can honestly say it's the most comfortable mattress I've ever owned. We ordered it at a busy time of year so there was a 2 week wait, but from the day we brought it home we both loved it. We both have bad backs and have had no back pain whilst sleeping since buying it...even during pregnancy I felt fully supported and never had an ache. I also love that it's natural latex covered in a layer of wool and then cotton. Not organic, but certainly a lot better than most mattresses on the market!
I was a bit surprised that the cotton fabric covering it is so thin; the futon we previously owned had a really heavy calico which I did prefer. But with a good mattress protector (we use a huge wool blanket) we've not had any issues. I would definitely recommend Brett's as the best place in Perth to buy a mattress.
Love my Futon Bed and Latex Mattress I went into the store two weeks ago to order a bed and mattress, Brett was really friendly and helpful and I ordered a Queen sized bed frame (Dove 1 and Dali headboard) and absolutely love it!. The wood looks great and bed is really good quality. I also ordered a latex mattress and its the first Latex mattress i have ever owned and im really happy with it and would never go back to spring mattress now.
Thanks for the great service and amazing bed, highly recommend Bretts Beds to anyone!
If you’re wanting to keep your product for 10, 20 or 30 years, trust the business that’s been around for longer!