Choose your feel with 2 or 3 premium layers of 100% Certified Natural Latex for the healthiest, comfiest, and most supportive sleep possible.
Leaves our warehouse in 1-4 days.
Note: Queen Firm Layers out of stock until 12 August.
Free delivery to most areas:
All our products are dispatched from our Showroom/Factory in Wangara, Perth WA with free delivery to all Australian metro areas.
- Latex Mattress: Orders take 1-4 days to prepare for dispatch.
- Delivery ETA: 5-7 days to arrive to non-Perth orders after dispatch.
Perth Delivery: For deliveries within 1 hour of Perth, we use a local delivery driver, who usually heads out on Saturday’s from 10.00am until early afternoon. An alternate day can be arranged.
Perth Pickup: You can opt to collect your order from our warehouse in Wangara for $100 off per base and mattress. Collection is simple and easy, we’ll notify you when it is ready and you can pick up during the following hours to ensure a staff member is available:
- Monday to Saturday: 10am to 4pm
Note: Vacuum-packing is available on request.
- 2 Layer Mattress: Capped at $200
- 3 Layer Mattress: Capped at $250
- Any delivery fees to non-metro areas are non-refundable.
Bed Base Requirements – Due to having no firm polyurethane foam or spring base, a 100% latex mattress must have a firm, flat, aerated base supporting it (like ours). We require at least 1 grounded central support beam for Queens (2 for Kings), while any slats must be spaced 5cm apart or less.
If you are not happy with the firmness of your mattress inside 100 nights, we offer a one-time free latex layer exchange to a different firmness! Simply get in touch, we’ll send out a new layer for you to try and help you return the old.
Guarantees & Warranties
- 100-Night Comfort Guarantee – If you are not happy with the firmness of your mattress inside 100 nights, we offer a one-time free latex layer exchange to a different firmness! Simply get in touch, we’ll send out a new layer for you to try and help you return the old.
- 20-Year Warranty – If there is more than a 20mm indentation or ‘sag’ at anytime inside 20 years, or there is any other manufacturing defect that is not a result of improper use, we’ll replace or repair your mattress or a layer within it free of charge! Covers normal domestic use only
- Bed Base Requirements – Due to having no firm polyurethane foam or spring base, a 100% latex mattress must have a firm, flat, aerated base supporting it (like ours). We require at least 1 grounded central support beam for Queens (2 for Kings), while any slats must be spaced 5cm apart or less.
Our Honest Materials
- Certified Natural Latex from sustainable forests in Vietnam (supplier link: https://www.liena.vn/)
- GOTS-certified organic cotton cover with 400GSM of organic wadding made in India
- Weight capacity: 500kg (250kg per sleeper)
Weight & Dimensions
- Queen Medium: 17.5kg (153 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- Queen Firm: 20kg (153 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- King Medium: 21kg (183 x 204 x 7.5cm)
- King Firm: 23.5kg (183 x 204 x 7.5cm)
Assembly & Care
- Click here to view our Latex Mattress Assembly Instructions & Care
- For maximum protection, we highly recommend a mattress cover
- Always use the mattress with its included cover. To clean, unzip and hand wash with cold water and mild detergent. Air dry. Can be spot cleaned.
Why Choose Latex?
Natural latex is the world’s #1 eco-conscious, high-performance mattress material – far superior to springs or any other foam.
Layer Configuration Guide
Go for a 2 layer (16cm) if you generally sleep without pain, mainly sleep on your back/front, or prefer a firm mattress.
Go for a 3 layer (24cm) if you sometimes sleep with pain, sleep on your side, or prefer a ‘plush’ mattress.
Our mattresses contain layers of latex in 2 different firmness levels (‘Medium’ and ‘Firm’), which can be rearranged at home to refine your comfort later. Plus, within 100 nights you can exchange a layer with us or change your height for free. Even our 2 layer mattress has more actual latex in it than almost any traditional “latex” mattress you’ll find in a store!
16cm (2 layers)
(Feels 7 / 10)
(Feels 8 / 10)
(Feels 9 / 10)
Unless you know you want it firmer, the majority of customers would suit Medium-Firm, with 2 high-quality layers of consistent and supportive latex.
But if you know you like a firm mattress, our 2 layer Firm is a popular option, which can also be rearranged to make it Extra Firm.
24cm (3 layers)
(Feels 6 / 10)
(Feels 7 / 10)
(Feels 8 / 10)
Unless you know you want it firmer, most customers looking for a soft yet supportive mattress would suit our 3 layer Medium. This also means you can move the Firm layer higher for a slightly firmer feel.
But if you like it slightly firmer, go for Medium-Firm, which gives you two layers of firm you can rotate at home, allowing you to easily switch to Firm (or put both Firm layers on top for slightly firmer again)
How It Works
Certified, Eco-Friendly Materials
Frequently Asked Questions
A latex mattress does not have any springs or coils in it. Unlike an innerspring mattress, a natural latex mattress is made out of one type of material: latex. This material is a natural product that comes from the sap of the rubber tree. This milky sap is eco-consciously processed into the mattress layers.
- It returns to its original shape almost immediately – compared to synthetic latex and standard foams, the unique material of latex means that once pressure is removed it remains its shape, giving you full body-contoured support the moment you move, without creating pain-points or letting you sink into your mattress. This means that latex can help alleviate aches and pains with the correct alignment support.
- Latex retains its shape for 20 years, where other foams will start to significantly lose softness and support after just a few months or years.
- Natural Latex is inherently resistant to moisture, mould, mildew, and dust mites and can mean a much healthier and allergy-free sleep. Further, contrary to what some believe, the particularly open-cell structure allowed by the quality of natural latex promotes great air-ventilation – the best defence against ‘sleeping-hot’ and ensuring your mattress does not retain heat from your body
Our latex from Vietnam is certified by ECO-institut (Germany) as 100% natural botanical latex with no added petroleum-based or synthetic latex, also meeting strict standards for pollutants and harmful emissions. This ensures there are no additives in our latex that could damage the quality, consistency or healthiness of your mattress. Our latex has also passed stringent durability tests, which is one of the reasons we can offer a market-leading 20-year warranty. Further, our latex uses the ‘Dunlop’ method of production due to its lower environmental footprint and durability advantages over the ‘Talalay’ method.
- Quality tested by eco-INSTITUT® (Germany) for containing 100% natural latex rubber free of harmful pollutants and emissions
- Naturally hypoallergenic that repels dust mites, mould and mildew to fight allergies
- Durability tested (scoring 100/100) for little resilience or firmness-loss after 30,000 load cycles of 140kg (TUV EN 1957-2012 tested in Netherlands)
- Additionally, our supplier uses bio-fuel for electricity and has an all-round clean production process (as certified by ISO 14001:2015).
See below for our Density (D) and Indentation Load Deflection (ILD) ratings for each layer. You may be able to compare these figures to other latex mattresses you have seen, in shops or online:
- Medium Dunlop Latex – D75 – ILD 18-25
- Firm Dunlop Latex – D85 – ILD 26-3
Our Organic Cotton Cover is sourced from Mumbai, India. With 400GSM of wadding, plus a breathable canvas base, it provides ultimate comfort while prolonging the life of your mattress. Our covers are included with every Latex Mattress purchase.
Our Organic Cotton Cover is certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). This certification ensures all processes and materials are without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial chemicals – plus also meeting fair work conditions, recycling and more. We source them from suppliers who use certified manufacturing processes to reduce their carbon footprint, just like us. This certificate can be viewed further above this page.
In short, yes!
Our pure Latex mattress layers are designed to be supportive, durable and comfortable – making them slightly more heavy-duty than other mattresses. But, we offer our mattresses in a simple 2 or 3 layer system, so you can add your layers one by one (making this much easier to manage, than one full spring mattress!).
When you receive your Latex Mattress layers, they arrive in a vacuum-sealed package which is easily transportable. Lay out your Organic Cotton Mattress Cover first, then you can open, and lay out each layer to suit your desired firmness – the final step is to zip them up!
- Click here to view our Latex Mattress Assembly Instructions + Care
- For 2-layer mattresses, unless you know you want a firmer mattress, the majority of customers would suit a Medium (2 layers of Medium). Due to the quality of our natural latex, this provides a great balance of a soft feel but generous support (with 15cm of latex!). However, if you know you like firm, go with a Medium-Firm – and you then also have the option to flip the layers it if it still not firm enough. In particular, back or front-sleepers and heavier people may suit a firmer mattress.
* Note: You can request Firm/Firm, but we strongly recommend trying in-store first.
- For 3-layer mattresses, the options can go softer, while still providing full support. This allows for even greater ‘give’ in the mattress for a more-luxurious feel with more support (22.5cm of pure latex) than it’s 2-layer equivalent. This is especially true in softer mattresses, where the extra layer allows for a more gradual and supportive change from firm at the bottom to the softer comfort layers at the top.
* Note: We don’t recommend 3 layers of Firm.
- However… Comparing standard foam or spring mattresses to the feel of latex is difficult. Your old mattress may have developed a ‘sinking-in’ feeling compared to the quality and bounce of latex – so some may find it feels a little too firm to begin with. We recommend allowing for the settling in period of around 10 days to get used to. This is why we also offer a 100-Night Comfort Guarantee just in case you need to adjust your firmness!
- If you like firmer mattresses, generally sleep without pain, or on a tighter budget; go for a 2-layer.
- If you like softer mattresses, have some back or hip pain, or prefer a plusher, ‘luxury-feel’; go for a 3-layer
About our 100-Night Comfort Guarantee
The layers are not glued together meaning you can unzip the cover and rearrange the layers. However, keep in mind you can only make your mattress firmer, but not softer – we recommend choosing a slightly softer mattress if you’re not sure. Give each configuration a go for at least 10 nights, then within 100 Nights you can swap any Medium or Firm layer with us, or return if it’s not perfect.
All natural/organic latex comes with an odour of some strength, but ours is very low and dissipates over time – generally a week or 2 and it would almost be gone. Most people don’t notice it at all. Our odour is graded at 2.5 out of 6, which is between these 2 grades:
- 2 perceptible, not bothering
- 3 clearly perceptible, not bothering
Other mattress materials, such as cotton and foam blends, can sometimes trap heat because it lacks proper air ventilation so it can feel hotter for some people sleeping at night.
Because Latex is quite durable, some synthetic latex mattresses will trap heat (because a lot are made with some composite layers). The good news is, with our pure latex, we have designed them with air ventilation holes in every layer – this allows for body temperature regulating, and helps to prevent heat being trapped within the mattress while you sleep.
The open-cell structure allows Natural Latex to dissipate heat build-up during the night, away from the sleeping surface.
When it comes to mattresses, density = durability (and quality). While most “mattresses in a box” use foam with a density of between 15-20kg/m3 (which is lucky to last a couple of years) – our latex ranges from 75 to 85kg/m3!
Below is each individual layer:
- Queen Medium: 17.5-19kg (153 x 204cm)
- Queen Firm: 20-21.5kg (153 x 204cm)
- King Medium: 21-22.5kg (183 x 204cm)
- King Firm: 23.5-25kg (183 x 204cm)
This weight includes the 1.5kg Organic Cotton Mattress Cover, included with all mattress orders.
- 2-Layer System = 15cm of 100% Latex
- 3-Layer System = 22.5cm of 100% Latex
At the moment, yes. We can only source our Natural Latex Mattresses in these two sizes at this current time, due to supplier unavailability.
We’re working hard to try and introduce a range of new sizes. It’s still a little while away, but if you’d like to be kept in the loop and whether we proceed, please email us at [email protected] and you’ll be on our list to be notified first!
Backed by over 30 years' experience
Quokka Beds has been manufacturing bedroom furniture in Perth, Australia for over 30 years with extremely positive feedback. Formerly called Brett’s Beds + Futons, many of Brett’s customers have come back 10 and 20 years later just to say their mattress feels as good as new, and their base is still looking great. Quokka Beds brings true, hands-on experience right to your doorstep. Read more below…
Real honest quality latex mattresses - doesn't get better!! We bought a King 3-layer 100% latex mattress (medium) 2 months ago and we're absolutely loving it. We've both had bad backs from using spring mattresses and after a few messages with the people at Quokka, we decided on the Medium firmness option - where we also knew we had the option of moving the layers around to make it firmer if need be! But after a couple days, we couldn't decide if it was too firm or too soft for us - so we kept it how it is!! Our back pain has slowly faded to nothing and we definitely can't see any sags or bumps at all - and really don't expect it to. The huge 20-year warranty is reassuring too. And we both love how it uses all natural and sustainable ingredients - pure latex, nothing else!! Our dream mattress at a good price. Thank you
Excellent product and service! We had intended to update our traditional futon mattress, but after trying the medium-firm all latex (3 layer) product decided to go with with that instead. We prefer a mattress that is on the firm side, so the adjustment time was one sleep! We are extremely happy that we changed our mind and went with the latex choice. The showroom is small and on two levels and, more importantly, the service was excellent with no pressure - only helpful advice and useful information. Because we picked up the mattress ourselves we saved $100 that otherwise would have been a delivery fee. We genuinely highly recommend the product and Quokka Beds as the supplier.
If you’re wanting to keep your product for 10, 20 or 30 years, trust the business that’s been around for longer!