Honest, high-quality latex mattresses
About our mattresses
Made with certified natural latex, all our mattresses come with a 100-night comfort guarantee and a full 20-year warranty.
- Latex layers in 3 firmness options for customised comfort
- Covers made from natural bamboo & organic cotton
- Guaranteed against sagging for a full 20 years
The Quokka Mattress Range
We offer the highest-quality, most-trusted mattress materials at affordable prices. We don’t hide behind technical lingo or inflate prices with marketing jargon: our natural latex and eco-foam are simply the best in their class (read more >>).
Sizes: Queen or King
Delivery: 1-2 weeks, free to most areas (click here to check)
Organic, antibacterial & sustainable
Our natural dunlop latex
Our organically-sourced latex from Vietnam is certified by ECO-institut (Germany) as 100% natural botanical latex with no added petroleum-based or synthetic latex, also meeting strict standards for pollutants and harmful emissions. This ensures there are no additives in our latex that could damage the quality, consistency or healthiness of your mattress. Our natural latex has also passed stringent durability tests, which is one of the reasons we can offer a market-leading 20-year warranty. Further, our latex uses the ‘Dunlop’ method of production due to its lower environmental footprint and durability advantages over the ‘Talalay’ method.
- Quality tested by eco-INSTITUT® (Germany) for containing 100% natural latex rubber free of harmful pollutants and emissions
- Naturally hypoallergenic that repels dust mites, mould and mildew to fight allergies
- Durability tested (scoring 100/100) for little resilience or firmness-loss after 30,000 load cycles of 140kg (TUV EN 1957-2012 tested in Netherlands)
- Additionally, our supplier uses bio-fuel for electricity and has an all-round clean production process (as certified by ISO 14001:2015).
Natural latex is fast becoming Australia’s preferred mattress material for all types of sleepers. Its adaptability, long life and comfort level far outcompete traditional mattresses. Compared to synthetic latex and standard foams, the unique springiness of natural latex means that once pressure is removed, it returns to its original shape almost immediately. The latex almost pushes back against you, to constantly and fully-support you the moment you move, while offering a soft and body-contouring sleep surface without creating pain-points or letting you sink in to your mattress. Also, it will retain this springiness and support for at least 20 years, where other foams will start to significantly lose softness and support after just a few months or years. Natural latex is also inherently resistant to moisture, mould, mildew, dust mites and can mean a much healthier and allergy-free sleep. Further, contrary to what some believe, the particularly open-cell structure allowed by the quality of natural latex promotes great air-ventilation – the best defence against ‘sleeping-hot’ and ensuring your mattress does not retain heat from your body.
- To summarise: 100% natural latex is able to offer both soft and durable support that brings a unique springiness and comfort that doesn’t fade over time.
Our honest and open latex specifications – see below for our Density and Indentation Load Deflection (ILD) ratings for each layer. You may be able to compare these figures to other latex mattresses you have seen, in shops or online:
- Soft Dunlop Latex – D65 – ILD 14-17
- Medium Dunlop Latex – D75 – ILD 18-25
- Firm Dunlop Latex – D95 – ILD 34-40
Our natural bamboo cover
Bamboo has many environmental and practical advantages compared to other fibres used for outer mattress covers. Bamboo plants are world-renowned for their sustainability because of their very high rate of growth – once harvested, it can return to full size within 12 months, leaving little to no lasting impact on the environment. Further, it is a resilient and water-efficient plant which doesn’t need help from fertilisers or excessive watering to maintain its growth, while also being a carbon neutral fibre – absorbing at least as much carbon dioxide from the atmosphere as it releases during harvesting.
- 100% sustainably-sourced
- Naturally hypoallergenic, antibacterial and breathable
Our eco-friendly, high-resilience foam
We use a heavy duty foam for quality support that is designed to maintain comfort and support levels for longer than almost all other conventional foams. Our supplier are very proud of their VPF technology, giving you a better quality foam and a cleaner, greener product. Our support foam has a superb density of 35 kg/m3. With foam, density = quality, and is what allows a mattress to last longer than others (note: this does not necessarily affect firmness)
- GECA-certified (The Good Environmental Choice label – GECA FFFv2.1i-2010) with virtually zero emissions in production, containing no CFCs, no VOCs, and exceeding Australasian & Global environmental regulations.
- Infused with ‘CompriShield’ – a natural, sustainable, bio-based microbial control solution derived from coconut oil – which ensures complete dust mite, allergy, mould and bacteria protection of your mattress
- Outperforms all other conventional foams